Friday, July 10, 2020

Fenton Friday: Stubs and Bugs (Bunny, that is)

Tomato 'Apple Yellow'
Soybean stubs
That dang rabbit is back and ate all my Soybean (edamame) seedlings right down to the nub. Jerk! I will plant more and put a wire cage around them now.

The Tomatoes are growing well and we now have 'Apple Yellow' and 'White Currant' ripening, in addition to the 'Sun Gold' we reported on last week. The bad news is the weather has been so hot and humid, with two intense storms this week, so that is causing fungal issues on the tomato leaves and we will need to stay on top of cleaning those out as we see them.

The Basils are getting big as are the Cucumber and Okra plants. I think I see an Eggplant forming, but am not going to jinx it by saying anything further.

I transplanted a row of Celosia flowers along the back of the plot from seedlings that had come up in the shared pathways.

What are you growing and harvesting this week in your edible garden? 

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...