Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Sizzling Hot Bloom Day

It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day Garden Blogger's Bloom Dayagain! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the past month has been a HOT one. How hot? We are approaching a record # of 90+ degree days in a row - today we are at Day 20.

MONARDA FISTULOSA - BEE BALM

I realized that many of you might be visiting this blog just once a month for Bloom Day and not have seen our weekly Plant Profile videos/articles. Most all of these are flowering plants and much of the footage is shot in my own home garden, especially in this time of COVID and limited access to local public gardens. Our latest one is on Monarda, which is blooming away in my unforgiving and unwatered hellstrip pollinator garden. These are locally focused for the Mid-Atantic USA and are also seasonal -- profiling plants of interest in the garden at that time. You can view them here: https://washingtongardener.blogspot.com/search/label/plant%20profile.

What is blooming in YOUR garden today?

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely visit your other garden blog ,that bee balm is an interesting flower.If you wish you can visit my garden blog too http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/07/monsoon-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arun! And yes, I'll stop your blog today - send some (but not all!) of that rain here (we are very hot and dry right now.)

      Delete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...