In The Urban Garden you’ll find dozens of inspiring and creative ways to grow flowers, shrubs, vegetables, herbs, and other plants in small spaces and with a limited budget.
Whether you want to grow on a balcony, rooftop, front stoop, or a tiny urban patio, turn your growing dreams into reality and build a gorgeous and unique garden that showcases your personal style while still being functional and productive. With the ingenious ideas and resourceful tactics found here, you’ll be maximizing yields and beauty from every square inch of your space, while also making a lush outdoor living area you’ll crave spending time in.
Take inspiration from urban gardeners around the world and learn to:
- Install planting pockets on fences and walls
- Grow a rooftop garden in lightweight grow bags
- Tips for designing small spaces that feel BIG
- Build a salad table for growing lettuce and greens
- Utilize garden structures and plants for decorative screening
- Support pollinators by creating a small-scale habitat
- Design a pet-friendly urban yard
- Employ climbing plants and vines to add privacy and reduce noise
- Plant in layers to maximize yields and add beauty
Whether you’re growing edible plants or beautiful flowers, the 101 amazing growing ideas found in The Urban Garden will turn your tiny urban yard into a treasure trove of green you’ll be proud to share with family and friends.