Thursday, June 03, 2021

Introducing the Summer 2021 Interns

This summer, I have taken on three editorial interns. Look for their author bylines in our upcoming Washington Gardener Magazine issues and on this blog. Pictured above is the trio at our community garden plot during their first day of the internship this week. As a first assignment, I asked them each to write a short introduction to our readers...


Hello, readers! My name is Jackie DiBartolomeo, and I’m excited to be joining the team as an editorial intern at Washington Gardener Magazine this summer. I’m a junior journalism major and French minor at the University of Maryland. I am currently a staff reporter at the UMD publication, The Campus Trainer, covering everything from fitness to beauty. In my free time, I love to read and write fiction, and I am also a very outdoorsy person (here’s hoping we’ll go on lots of outdoor adventures at the magazine these next few months). This summer, I’m looking forward to bringing my writing experience to the magazine, and to expanding my knowledge of the gardening world.


Hi everyone! My name is Amanda Cash and I’m currently a senior at the University of Maryland College Park in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism. I’m a broadcast journalism major with a concentration in public policy. I am hoping to gain more skills not only with my writing and editing through this 
internship, but also with gardening. I have a plethora of houseplants in my apartment, but I would love to learn more about outdoor plants and gardening. I have written, edited, and shot a variety of stories and TV news packages at Towson University, as well as the University of Maryland. This past semester, I was a news producer for the Capital News Service and over the summer I will also be interning at WBAL-TV11. I’m looking forward to learning more about gardening, helping publish a magazine, and making new connections!


Hi! My name is Molly Cuddy and I’m a rising senior at the University of Maryland from Hamilton, NJ. I am majoring in journalism with a concentration in film studies. I’m also a campus tour guide and I’ll be a teaching assistant for a professional writing class next semester. A few years back, I worked for an online teen magazine called Affinity, where I wrote about arts and culture. Ever since then, I loved magazine writing, and knew I wanted to make a career out of it, so that’s why I knew this internship was the perfect spot for me. Although I would consider myself a very amateur gardener, I’m excited to learn more this summer while also advancing my magazine journalism skills!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...