Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Dreaming on Bloom Day

 

It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens.

Here in the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the past month has been in turn dry for weeks, followed by monsoon-like rains, then sultry heat, the unseasonable cool, and back again. 

Pictured here is one of my asiatic lilies in bloom right now. It is ‘Purple Dream’ is from Brent and Becky Bulb's. It is almost as tall as me and I have nice-sized patch of them, so I have plenty to cut and share.

In the rest of the garden today, I have blooming: Hydrangea, Astilbe, Lavender, Roses, Campanula, Commom Milkweed, Clematis, Daylilies, and many annuals!

Be sure to follow @WDCgardener on Instagram for daily pics of what is blooming in the garden and area gardens that I visit.

So what is blooming today in YOUR garden?

4 comments:

  1. Additionally, I have yellow oenothera macrocarpa (plus a few leftover pink oenothera speciosa 'Siskiyou'), oakleaf hydrangea, nepeta, echinacea, asclepias tuberosa, periwinkle, cranesbill geranium 'Max Frei', digitalis, various heuchera, buddelia.  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! My echnincea and nepeta are not even close to blooming yet!
      Thanks for sharing, Nancy.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely lily!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...