Friday, June 25, 2021

Fenton Friday: Garlic Harvest Time

This week at the community garden plot, we had some good rains and continuing nice weather with moderate temps and low humidity. 

I took advantage of a mild day and harvested the garlic. It is curing now on a rack in my sunroom.

The strawberries have petered out and I pulled out the last of the lettuce mix. In place of the lettuce, I planted a row of assorted zinnia seeds. I also put in a row of double cosmos nearby. I still need to find a spot to put down some marigolds seeds as well.

The turnips and carrots are humming along. I may try to pull one of each next week to see if they are big enough.

I planted peanuts in a container as an experiment. Those came from the ladies at Garden sPOTS and they should be a fun experiment this summer.

The little seedlings are up on the zucchini, beans, and cucumber. I already thinned the cucumbers out to just the best 3 as all 6 seeds germinated.

I am still debating on planting a melons and have to get my okra seeds started.

What is growing in your edible garden?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...