The July/August 2006 is now mailing and I have the advance copies to peruse. Here is the cover photo - a mophead hydrangea - which is one of my new favorites. This old-fashioned flower took a while to grow on me, but I've been converted. The issue contains a profile of Hydrangeas as well as articles on Victory Gardens, Desert Plants in DC's Climate, Attracting Butterflies with Native Blooms, The Old Stone House's English Garden, Create Room by Growing UP, Theme Gardens, Red, White & Bloom America's Garden, and Weed Watch: Canada Thistle. Have a great Independence Day holiday weekend! (No, it is NOT called "the 4th of July" - my latest pet peeve - I think I'm fighting a losing battle though - just need to let it go...)
Saturday, July 01, 2006
July/August Issue Now Out
The July/August 2006 is now mailing and I have the advance copies to peruse. Here is the cover photo - a mophead hydrangea - which is one of my new favorites. This old-fashioned flower took a while to grow on me, but I've been converted. The issue contains a profile of Hydrangeas as well as articles on Victory Gardens, Desert Plants in DC's Climate, Attracting Butterflies with Native Blooms, The Old Stone House's English Garden, Create Room by Growing UP, Theme Gardens, Red, White & Bloom America's Garden, and Weed Watch: Canada Thistle. Have a great Independence Day holiday weekend! (No, it is NOT called "the 4th of July" - my latest pet peeve - I think I'm fighting a losing battle though - just need to let it go...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Fenton plot pic showing newly planted rows of greens and herbs by Jennifer Baxter. This week, the weather was typical of early September in ...
No comments:
Post a Comment