Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Spreading the Karma

This weekend I put together baskets full of gardening goodies along with a gift subscription to our Washington Gardener Magazine for two silent auctions. The first took place last night, The Farmlands Feast, and was a benefit for the FreshFram Markets. The second is the 43rd Annual Holy Cross Hospital Celebration Gala, which is this Saturday, 11/10. If you take a look at the silent auction catalog see item #28 -- they added to our gardener's basket of our magazine, tools, lotions, seeds, etc. a $300 Stadler gift certificate -- now that is something to bid on!

Today I was going through my October '07 WETA guide on my way to the recycle bin and saw that the "Hometown Hero" last month was Butterfly Bob. Since I missed it on the air, I watched it online here. Robert Speaker is truly a hero for giving his time to the butterfly project at the Washington Youth Garden. It takes a special and patient person to work with kids, plants, and butterflies on a regular basis.

Someone left a nasty, anonymous note under my back door yesterday morning. I won't go into the details of it except to say this cowardly bully has a problem with the way I maintain my yard and what I plant in it. Clearly he/she is not mature enough to actually address me in a direct manner nor sign their name to their opinion.

Pictured with this entry is my front entrance - I'll be switching out the seasonal items soon. Have to say I'm enjoying the orange motif for now.

2 comments:

  1. An anonymous note? That's low, very low. They must be jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I was doing my weekly clean up of trash that has blown in (or was thrown in) the yard and surrounding street when a young man came up and gave me "mad props" for my NWF habitat certification. So that makes me feel a bit better :-). And yes, the "anonymous" factor is my biggest problem with this note much more so than the content of it -- just so gutless.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...