Thursday, November 08, 2007

Go Team!

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 27 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner.

The WAMU's Metro Connection radio show segment on "Gardening with Children" should air tomorrow than be archived on their site. I'll post a new link as soon as it is up.

Today I also book a 5-times as for the Washington Post Book World's classified section for the holiday season. I debated on that versus the Magazine or the Home section. In comparing ad prices, Book World wins hands down and frequency is the key. Also I think in Book World I reach more "readers" versus "skimmers" -- the readers are the ones more apt to actually subscribe. It should start running 11/18 through 12/16.

In the middle of sending out renewal notices now - fun, fun, fun. Actually not that bad, stuffing envelopes and slapping on stickers while watching "Ugly Betty" next to the fireplace with a cat curled on your lap is a pretty nice evening in.

Pictured here is a mum I got from one of the local Chrysanthemum Society sales last spring - I think the starts were $1.50 each or so. All I remember is I bought 3 different plants, stuck them in, and promptly ignored them -- no pinching in July as I should have and no watering throughout the drought. For that, they did pretty well. This one has a name like "Redskin Fan" - I forgot to note the exact title it had in my garden journal, but I do remember that it was described as blooming in the team colors and sure enough it is.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent choice on Book World. It is by far my favorite book review in a city paper. (Better than the New York Times, in my opinion.)

    jb

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...