Sunday, September 17, 2023

Meet the New Fall 2023 Intern

This fall semester, we have just one editorial intern. As a first assignment, I asked her to write a short introduction to our readers...


Hi Everyone! My name is Christine Folivi and I am a senior at University of Maryland College Park. This fall at Washington Gardener Magazine I was able to visit the plot at the Fenton Community Garden and I am excited to be growing a few edible plants there as well. I am originally from Lome, Togo, and my dad was a farmer there, but because we came to America when I was two years old, we quickly got accustomed to the city and farming and gardening were not necessary, so this opportunity at the Washington Gardener Magazine means a lot to me and I can’t wait to learn how to garden and learn how to nurture plants. Being around plant life is a good way to understand the environmental impacts of our actions on a day-to-day basis and selflessness. Being a part of Washington Gardener means I get to share information about plants and how to care for them with people who want to learn and understand and have the privilege to be a part of an environmental community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...