Friday, September 01, 2023

Fenton Friday: Beans and More

This week in the community garden plot, we've been busy weeding and watering and watering and watering. We are getting missed by several forecasted storms and then having several windy, dry days that aren't doing the plants any favors. Our last good rain was exactly a week ago and no more rain is in the week-ahead forecast -- just heat -- lots of heat.

We are harvesting the 'Ferrari' Beans, Zucchini, a few Mexican Sour Gherkins, 'Lunchbox' Peppers, a couple 'Sun Sugar' Tomatoes, and Blackberries.

The cutting garden is booming now with lots of beautiful blooms. The Dahlias especially are coming into their own and I've been very pleased with many of the color combinations. I'll be cutting many of these flowers and more from my home garden for my FREE flower arranging class at the DC State Fair. See me at the demonstration area on Sunday, 9/9 at 10:30am. See more info at https://dcstatefair.org/events/dc-state-fair-2023.

How is your garden plot growing this week?

 

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 12th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)  See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above (at the top, left on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...