Saturday, November 14, 2020

Fenton Friday: Icicles - the Radish Kind


This fall I planted Watermelon Radish seeds and those are a few weeks away still from harvest. However, I was still able to harvest some radishes as I had the 'White Icicle' and the 'Cherry Belle' ones from the springtime self-sow. This one pictured here grew mostly above ground so it is a bit more green than "white" - but it will be just as tasty after I peel off that outer layer. 

Elsewhere in the plot, the interns harvested more Lettuce and the Arugula is getting up to a decent size. The Broccoli is looking a bit worse as some insect is chewing up the leaves and no flowerheads have formed yet.

I also picked 4 more small Eggplants off the one container plant. With a freeze warning for tonight and tomorrow, I think this may finally be it for that plant and the last of the Cherry Tomatoes.

I am letting the Okra go woody as I want to collect the seed pods to use in holiday decorating and I have also left the Holy Basil (Tulsi) in place as it just keeps on blooming. I am happy to have it re-seed in place where it is.

What plants do you leave for seed in your garden plot?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...