Friday, May 08, 2020

Fenton Friday: Frozen in Time


This week at the community garden plot it seemed like everything went into slow motion. This is the week that all the plants should be jumping! The rainy days and cool temps have slowed down most of the plants to a slow pace. The pea plants are getting so big, but have yet to flower! The strawberries have formed fruits, but they are staying yellow-green for now.

Tonight and tomorrow night we have another late freeze warning. This is unusually late and I was just sent a few tomato plants among other edibles to trial. They are all under a blanket in a corner of my home garden and I hope they make it through okay.

The lettuces are doing nicely in the plot and I am ready to make my first harvest from the Renee's Garden Baby Leaf Lettuce Heirloom Cutting Mix and I dug up a bunch of radishes to share with family members today.

What are you harvesting this month in your edible garden? 

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...