Friday, May 15, 2020

A Warm Welcome to Bloom Day!

bearded iris
It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the past month has been a very wet and cold one. The early-spring blooms that had been ahead of schedule due to the somewhat mild winter are now all gone and the mid-spring are now here. Today, we take a BIG temperature jump into the mid-80s and I am loving the warm sun on my skin this afternoon.

Pictured here is a bearded iris that I got from another gardener years ago. It came with no name, so I have no idea on the variety. In my head, I call it "grape bubble yum" as that is what it smells like to me.

Over at my Instagram account, I have posted many more blooms in the last few days that you can check including:
- Clematis 'Silver Moon'

- Clematis 'Taiga' 
Hardy Geranium (Geranium sanguineum) 'Pink Summer'
Allium ‘Globemaster’
- several different weigela shrubs
and I will be sharing many more bloom photos in the coming weeks.

What is blooming in YOUR garden today?

2 comments:

  1. Stunning Iris ! Lovely post , Happy blooms day.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...