- Super Sweet 100 from The Farm at Our House
- Red Grape from Spiral Path Farm
- Sun Sugar from Mock's Greenhouse
- Evergreen from Chicano Sol
- Damsel from Crooked Fence Farm
- Red Boar from Crooked Fence Farm
- Midnight Snack from Mock's Greenhouse
- Kakao from Crooked Fence Farm
- Jaune Flamme from Three Springs Fruit Farm
- Rutger from The Farm at Our House
Do take a minute to click on the photo link here to view the Facebook album of photos from the event. I think you will agree that the market tomatoes are absolutely gorgeous and very photogenic.
In addition to the tasting, many people stopped by to create colorful tomato art and to pick up the free tomato seeds, growing tips, and recipes that we gave out.
Most of the taste attendees were local, though we also had many who came quite a distance. About half live in Silver Spring. Another third live close by in Washington, DC or the neighboring towns of Takoma Park, Chevy Chase, and Wheaton. From farther away in Maryland, folks came from Rockville, Reisterstown, College Park, Columbia, Davidsonville, and Greenbelt. From out of the area, we even had a few votes from Pennsylvania and Massachusetts!
Thank you to all who came and participated. Thanks to the farmers for growing great tomatoes and to FreshFarm Markets staff for hosting us. Special thanks also to our incoming Fall 2018 semester intern Ashley O'Connor for helping with all the tomato sample cutting and helping greet all the tasters in the short two-hour event!