Friday, August 31, 2018
Fenton Friday: Green Beans on the Scene!
If you look REALLY close at the photo and the vine wrapped around my Yard Flamingo, you will see actually green beans forming! The rabbits are still a PITA in our community garden, but they I sprinkled used kitty litter (all organic) around my plot and it stinks a bit, but I looks like it worked to allow my green bean vines to grow back and I hope allow me at least one meal out of them.
If you look beyond the vine, you'll see a seed pack marking a newly cleared section of the plot where new intern Ashley and I put in beet seeds this week. We are going to see if we can get them grown and harvested before a killing frost moves in. According to the seed packs, we should have beets in 50-60 days from germination, we shall see.
About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Fenton plot pic showing newly planted rows of greens and herbs by Jennifer Baxter. This week, the weather was typical of early September in ...

No comments:
Post a Comment