Friday, August 31, 2018

Fenton Friday: Green Beans on the Scene!


If you look REALLY close at the photo and the vine wrapped around my Yard Flamingo, you will see actually green beans forming! The rabbits are still a PITA in our community garden, but they I sprinkled used kitty litter (all organic) around my plot and it stinks a bit, but I looks like it worked to allow my green bean vines to grow back and I hope allow me at least one meal out of them.

If you look beyond the vine, you'll see a seed pack marking a newly cleared section of the plot where new intern Ashley and I put in beet seeds this week. We are going to see if we can get them grown and harvested before a killing frost moves in. According to the seed packs, we should have beets in 50-60 days from germination, we shall see.

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...