Friday, July 27, 2018

Fenton Friday: Soggy Soils

This week we had almost 15 inches of rain fall and more is in today's forecast. That is a record for July. I am happy not to have to water, but this is bizarre and frankly frightening to some extent. Will this be our weather pattern for the future?

The tomatoes are all start to produce though, so that is good.

The plot is looking pretty poorly. Green beans eaten down to the nub again by rabbits. Sunflowers toppled by the storms. And weeds, lots of weeds.


The cucumber vines are slow, but one cuke is actually forming and they have lots of flowers on the vines.

BTW I'll be on "Talk of Takoma"on Takoma Radio this Sunday at 2:00pm. Listen online live at https://takomaradio.org/ We'll be talking climate change and local gardening.

How is your vegetable garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...