Friday, July 20, 2018

Fenton Friday: Holey Moley

After last week's drama, I was hoping for some rest and relaxation in the garden plot this week. I went to check on things and found our only almost-ripe tomato was about half-eaten. I suspect a squirrel or other critter that was thirsty in the drought. (We finally do have some rain in this week's forecast - yay!)

Also, my green beans have lots of holes in the leaves. Anyone recognize the culprit? I have inspected the plants and come in a few times hoping to catch whatever big is doing this, but no luck so far.

Elsewhere in the plot, the cucumbers are setting flowers and soon should have cukes, the basil plants are sending out new branches (pesto soon!), and the pepper plants are forming some nice-looking fruits.

How is your vegetable garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...