Friday, July 06, 2018

Fenton Friday: First Tomato of the Season

It is a tiny one, but hey, it is ripe! The first tomato of the season is 'Sun Gold' -- not a huge surprise as cherry tomatoes develop faster, but still a bit early in the season for it.

In the rest of the plot, the cucumbers and green beans are growing quickly. The other tomatoes are coming along well also.

I still have one section that needs clearing of the spring (cool-season) leftovers and I'll use that for my peppers and herbs like basil.

We have been experiencing a heat wave with very little rain, so my flower seedlings are really taking a hit. I try to water daily, but it is not the same as a good, drenching rain. I am praying for a pop-up storm or two to come through.

How is your vegetable garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...