Friday, November 18, 2022

Fenton Friday: Frosty Returns

The parsley seedlings are up (see pic at right)! I cannot believe it as I had not expected to see them emerge for several more weeks after all the dire warnings about how slow it is to germinate.  

This week, the freezing temps settled in. The Dahlias, Celosia, and Zinnias are all toast. The Marigolds are barely hanging in. We pulled out the Biquinho peppers and the Okra and put a heavy layer of straw over that vacant bed. 

More Black Spanish winter radishes were harvested with just a few left in the ground to get a bit bigger. The Kale, Broccoli, Swiss Chard, and Peas are still all growing well.

Next week is Thanksgiving so we'll see if anything from the garden plot makes it to our holiday tables.

How did your garden do this week with the freezing temps? Are you done with your edible garden for the season?




About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 11th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...