Thursday, April 15, 2021

Bloom Day: Tulip Time


It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens.

Here in the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, spring has finally sprung! It feels like EVERYTHING is blooming at once now, so I decided this month just to focus on the tulips. I made the collage graphic shown above. The main frame shows 'Purple Prince' and the side panel are a few others that caught my eye. See my article here on several other of my favorite tulip varieties. 

In the rest of the garden today, I have blooming: Heather, Hellebores, mid/late-season Daffodils, Grape Hyacinths, Lilacs, Leucojum, Epimedium, Primrose, Redbud tree, Weeping 'Higan' Cherry tree, Confederate Jasmine vine, 
Corydalis, Pansies, Viola, African Daisy, Alyssum, Brunnera, Phlox, Trillium, Euphorbia, Pushkinia, Golden Ragwort, PJM Rhodidendron, Azalea, Vinca, and much more!

Be sure to follow @WDCgardener on Instagram for daily pics of what is blooming in our garden and area gardens that we visit.

So what is blooming today in YOUR garden?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tulips!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your top right tulip doesn't even look like a tulip. How things have changed in the bulb world. Your collage of tulips is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, huge advances in breeding -- double-tulips are my fave as they are more like peonies.

      Delete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...