Friday, October 16, 2020

Fenton Friday: Radish Seedlings

Thinning Radish Seedlings
We are expecting a light frost this weekend at the community garden plot. I picked my last couple of small Cucumbers, a few Okra, and one small Eggplant. I should have stripped all the remaining Peppers and Tomatoes too -- along with pulling all the Basil -- but this week was a busy one giving talks and laying out the magazine -- I may get to that tomorrow.

From the seeds I planted last week, the Cilantro, Arugula, and two rows Watermelon Radish 'Mantanghong' are all up. The radish seedlings already need thinning, so that is basically the only task I got done, along with some minor weeding.

The seedlings for the White Bunching Onions and Moss Curly Parsley have not made an appearance yet. I'll give them another week or so, before calling them a bust.

The Snap Peas 'Sugar Magnolia'* are still climbing up their trellis -- no flowers or pea pods yet.

The Lettuce Leaf 'Salad Bowl Blend' is ready to cut and I am saving that for the interns visit early next week.

The Broccoli seedlings are doing fine -- getting taller, but no florets as of today.

Soon, it will also be time to plant Garlic. I may do that in the spot the tomatoes are in right now.

What are you harvesting in your garden this week? 


About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

4 comments:

  1. pulled my tomatoes too this week. always sad to see them go and sacrifice the green ones but without winter there is no spring. planted arugula, radish, kale and hoping for the frost to be late this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like really nice progress and a good head-start for next spring

      Delete
  2. Nice! Thanks for sharing about "Fenton Friday: Radish Seedlings".
    Custom Vape Cartridge Packaging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nudge. I appreciate that you took a simple article explaining the process step by step and how to build momentum. I would like to share something related to custom boxes.
    Please check the link here:
    https://webcube360.com/how-custom-bath-bomb-boxes-can-add-value-to-your-brand/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...