Thursday, June 04, 2020

Meet the New Interns

This summer, I have taken on three editorial interns. Look for their author bylines in our upcoming Washington Gardener Magazine issues and on this blog. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

Hi everyone! My name is Hadley Baker and I’m a rising senior studying English and Spanish at the University of St Andrews in Scotland. I’m from Takoma Park, MD, and my mother is a landscape designer in the area, so I’ve grown up with a beautiful garden and have learned a lot from her about gardening and plants, but I’m excited to learn more this summer! I’m particularly excited to try growing my own tomatoes this summer. I’m looking forward to working with Washington Gardener to learn more about editing and publishing, to work on producing podcasts, and hopefully to provide interesting and informative content for readers!

Hello! My name is Anastazja Kolodziej, and I’m excited to be interning with Washington Gardener this summer! I’m a rising senior at the University of Maryland, double majoring in multiplatform journalism and the classics (Ancient Greek and Latin). On campus, I serve as an assistant managing editor at The Diamondback — the university’s primary independent newspaper — where my duties include fact-checking stories, editing for grammar and style and publishing onto our website. Although I don’t have a significant amount of experience gardening, I love plants and the outdoors. I am also interested in pursuing magazine writing in the future, so I’m excited to learn more on both fronts through this internship! 




Hi everyone! My name is Taylor Calavetinos and I just recently graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts in broadcast journalism. I’m from Riverdale Park, MD, and I love the summer. I spend most of my time these days walking my dog, getting some sun, and spending time with my family and friends. I’m always the happiest when I’m surrounded by the people I love and the outdoors. This spring semester, I worked as a reporter and anchor for Capital News Service, which pushed me to become a better multimedia journalist. I’m always looking for new ways to push myself! I also worked with the Maryland Football program as a recruiting and operations intern. I love sports and being a Terp. I’m extremely excited to be interning at Washington Gardener Magazine because I’m hoping to become a better writer and editor, since my time at Maryland was mostly spent focusing on visual journalism. I also am excited to engage with the readers and produce great content for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...