Friday, September 21, 2018

Fenton Friday: Weekend Fun

Not too much action at the community garden plot this week due to the continued soggy soils-- another 3+ inches this week. We did add some beet seeds to fill in where some had washed away and weeded a bit.

This weekend, see me at two great local events. (These are both rain-or-shine with some tent/cover protection, so don't let the forecast scare you away!)

Saturday, September 22, 9am–3pm
Fall Garden Day: Plant Sale and More       
Fall is a great time to plant, and Green Spring Gardens is hosting numerous local plant and garden craft vendors to satisfy your gardening needs. A silent auction, bake sale, live music, food, and kids’ activity tent add to the festivities. Come and support one of Virginia’s most-innovative public gardens. Free admission.
Washington Gardener magazine will have a tent set us up  near the main building and we will be giving out FREE PawPaw tastes, while supplies last! See www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/green-spring.

Sunday, September 23, 1–1:30pm
DC State Fair: Flower Arranging Demo
I will be doing a flower arranging talk. Come play with flowers with me! The ones above are growing in my plot now and will be part of the demo bouquets.  Location: DC State Fair—Education Tent, 425 M St. SW, WDC. On the Southwest Waterfront near the Waterfront Metro. The Education Tent is on the west side of the fairgrounds. See more at dcstatefair.org.

What is growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...