Friday, September 14, 2018

Fenton Friday: Hurricane Rains

Hurricane Florence is raging just south of us and all week it has been one gray, rainy day after another. Surprisingly, I was able to harvest another handful of green beans and some tomatoes as well!

The Swiss Chard seeds we planted last week are up and one type of Beet seedling ('Avalanche') is going strong, while the other Beet variety ('Detroit Dark Red ') is hardly evident. We may need to re-seed those this coming week.

Due to all the rains, I haven't been able to weed much or pull out the summer crops to put in my salad green or other root crops. We'll see how the next week goes.

What is growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...