Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Introducing the Fall 2015 Intern: Joelle Lang




My name is Joelle Lang and I am a senior studying multiplatform journalism at the University of Maryland in the Phillip Merrill College of Journalism. My experience with journalism falls all across the board; I've written for a few campus publications including, Her Campus and The Diamondback, as well as served as the social media editor for the campus’ Jewish publication, The Mitzpeh. After taking a few photojournalism courses, I purchased a DSLR camera, which I carry around with me everywhere I go. This past summer, I worked as a production intern for The Real News Network in Baltimore, where I assisted in shooting and editing videos for a documentary about the history of the city. I am looking forward to joining the Washington Gardener team for the fall semester and to enhancing my knowledge of magazine journalism and gardening. In the garden behind my house in New Jersey I grow basil, mint, tomatoes, and blueberries. I hope that after working for the Washington Gardener I will have the confidence to expand my garden and experiment with different plants!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...