I just reordered our Seed Packs - I'm down to my last 3. That means I've given away 1,000 seed packs since last year. Wow! We order custom packs of Eastern Native wildflower mix from http://www.edhumeseeds.com/. Last year I gave the seeds to anyone and everyone we saw at garden events. On the pack is printed our subscription details. However, I believe little new business resulted from the seed pack giveaway and it was virtually impossible to track in any case. This year, we are doing a "get a free pack with each new subscription" deal at in-person events. We're hoping to give them just a nudge of incentive to sign-up right there and not wait until later - which usually translated into never since people easily forget or misplace things in our too-busy lives these days. This also rewards folks who come out to area garden events in some small way. It seems to be working out well and I have had good feedback at the events we've recently attended. Will see how it works this year and maybe change it up again next year.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Milestone
I just reordered our Seed Packs - I'm down to my last 3. That means I've given away 1,000 seed packs since last year. Wow! We order custom packs of Eastern Native wildflower mix from http://www.edhumeseeds.com/. Last year I gave the seeds to anyone and everyone we saw at garden events. On the pack is printed our subscription details. However, I believe little new business resulted from the seed pack giveaway and it was virtually impossible to track in any case. This year, we are doing a "get a free pack with each new subscription" deal at in-person events. We're hoping to give them just a nudge of incentive to sign-up right there and not wait until later - which usually translated into never since people easily forget or misplace things in our too-busy lives these days. This also rewards folks who come out to area garden events in some small way. It seems to be working out well and I have had good feedback at the events we've recently attended. Will see how it works this year and maybe change it up again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Fenton plot pic showing newly planted rows of greens and herbs by Jennifer Baxter. This week, the weather was typical of early September in ...
No comments:
Post a Comment