Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fair Warning





I played hooky yesterday and spent the better part of it at the Montgomery County Fair. I did end up cutting a number of flowers and enter 15 for the Flower competitions. I won no firsts or seconds - but a number of thirds, fourths, and fifths. No biggie - I'll just try harder next year :-), Here are a few fun Fair pictures: the frog was a winning flower arrangement that caught my eye. I'm in the photo with the plastic calf along with my two nieces. The Master Gardener display included the squash vines growing through a crape myrtle and a wonderfully inventive screen-table full of edible greens. It runs through this Saturday so get on down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...