Friday, July 19, 2024

Fenton Friday: Bunny Alert

This baby bunny (look closely at the photo above) and I scared the hell out of each other when I went to check on the Fenton Community Garden's pollinator garden. I had scattered assorted sunflower seeds in hopes some might fill in the blank spots for late-season flowers. The bunny shouldn't do much damage to the pollinator plants, but he can easily fit through our fencing so am sure is finding plenty to eat in our plots.

There is not much else to report from the plot this week as we had 4 days of 101+ degree temps (actual temps!) and again hardly any rain, so I only go over to water and weed a tiny bit before leaving due to the high heat. Not much is ripening and everything is just kind of in a holding pattern. Luckily, we got a humidity and heat break today, that might give the tomatoes a chance to ripen.

What are you growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 13th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above (at the top, left on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...