Friday, April 08, 2022

Fenton Friday: Pea Progress

 

It was a VERY wet week, so we don't have much to report -- other then to say the peas have shot up and I can breath a sigh of relief that they were not knocked back by the recent sub-freezing temps. 

We also re-stapled and reattached the hardware cloth (wire fencing) on the planting box surrounding the peas to protect them from the marauding bunnies. It was starting to come off and I knew without the pea shoots would not stand a chance against the ravenous rabbits!

Are you back in your edible garden yet? If so, what are you growing

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 11th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...