Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Meet the New Spring 2022 Interns

This winter/spring, I have taken on two editorial interns. Look for their author byline in our upcoming Washington Gardener Magazine issues and on this blog. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers so you can get to know them.


Hello, I'm Dorvall Bedford. I'm a beginner when it comes to all things plant-related, but I look forward to learning a lot. As a junior journalism major attending the University of Maryland, my prior experience includes freelancing for publications such as The Enquirer-Gazette and the Hyattsville Life & Times as well as being a reporter for his college newspaper, The Diamondback. Although I write mostly about music and television, I'm excited to write about the stories of our local gardeners!




Hi, I am Hojung Ryu and I am a junior at the University of Maryland. I am a journalism and a criminal justice double major. I am still exploring both fields of my major, but I am trying to pursue multi-media platform journalism specifically, in my journalism major. I am from Mahwah, New Jersey, a town with plenty of open green space and a variety of animals. With the rich, abundant nature around my town, I was attracted to gardening from a young age. I was very invested in nurturing my own garden with my family and watching our little garden grow. I enjoyed the different animals and insects our garden would attract and how those interactions shape our garden as well. With this experience and knowledge, I am very excited to share the information through my passion in journalism. I have published my work through student-run independent newspaper Diamondback, broadcasted on the campus radio station WMUC, and volunteered at the Capital News Service, a student-staffed nonprofit news organization. Through this experience at the Washington Gardener Magazine, I cannot wait to explore further in the world of gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...