Friday, May 14, 2021

Fenton Friday: Simply Radishing

This week's weather was still fairly cool for this time of year and breezy with just a spot of rain, so I've had to water the plot a few times to keep the lettuce and turnip seedlings from drying out.

We had two crops from the radishes this week. The one shown above and a second one of the edible seed pods. I'll be sharing more about that second one in the next issue of Washington Gardener Magazine.

At the Silver Spring Garden Club's GardenMart sale last weekend. I bought a 'Sungold' tomato plant along with some 'Shishito' and sweet peppers, a few different basils, swiss chard, several herbs, and some unusual cutting-garden plants. I hope to get these planted up in the next week or so.

The strawberries are SOOOOO close to ripening. If nothing else gets me over to the plot regularly, it will be the anticipation of eating those first red berries of the season!

How is your edible garden growing?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

1 comment:

  1. Gardening is the practice of growing and cultivating plants as part of horticulture. ... It involves an active participation in the growing of plants, and tends to be labor-intensive, which differentiates it from farming or forestry.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...