Friday, August 30, 2019

Fenton Friday: Bean Gone

The beans are definitely done. Someone/some thing came and nibbled all the top foliage off yesterday. I think it was a rabbits, but am not sure. In any case, bean production had pretty much ended and I was planning on clearing out the space this weekend for starting some cool season crops.

The weather has moderated and the humidity comes and goes, so it is not unpleasant to be out in the plot during the day and I am more motivated to start anew.

I'll be switching everything over to cool season edibles and cover crops after Labor Day. It is too early to start planting garlic, though I need to make sure to save a good-sized spot for it.

Meanwhile, the Swiss chard is growing beautifully and tomatoes are still producing.
How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

1 comment:

  1. There are two types of kitchen gardening. The first type takes place in your kitchen and can involve either re-growing veggies from food scraps small vegetable garden

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...