Thursday, August 29, 2019

Meet the New Interns - Jessica and Taylor

Jessica Kranz and Taylor Markey
This fall, I have taken on two editorial interns. If you attend any of our upcoming events, like the DC Plant Swap, you are sure to meet them. Look for their author bylines in upcoming issues. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

My name is Jessica Kranz and I am a senior broadcast journalism major at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am thrilled to be one of the two interns working at Washington Gardener Magazine this fall semester. I have a passion for producing creative video and editorial content, and I am very excited to share these skills that I have with all of you! While this is my first internship during the school year, this past summer I interned at Group Nine Media, where I was involved in helping create video content for their brands. I look forward to gaining even more video and editorial experience through this internship, and I am excited for you all to embark on this journey with me!

Hello! My name is Taylor Markey, and I am a senior at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am majoring in multi-platform journalism. Some of my interests include working in social media, editing, and writing, all with an emphasis on entertainment. I have freelanced and edited for The Writer's Bloc, an arts publication at UMD. Outside of classes, I am also the president for Student Entertainment Events, UMD's primary student programming board.  This past summer, I was a social media/new media editorial intern with Marvel Entertainment in New York, NY. I am looking forward to a great semester with the Washington Gardener Magazine!

Freshly painted, new gloves for their first visit to our garden plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...