Monday, July 15, 2019

Sunshine Yellow for Bloom Day

Cupflower
It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. 

Here in the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, we have had a HOT June-July and lots of flooding rains -- a pattern that seems to be set in place for the rest of the summer.

In my garden, I have many mid-summer blooms, so I thought I'd narrow the focus to just the yellow ones this month. I am not a big fan of the color except as an occasional accent. I don't seek it out in plants I acquire, but it makes its way into my garden nevertheless.

Aside from the yellow perennial flowers picture here, I also have yellow annuals in the garden including marigolds, sunflowers, and lantana.

So what is blooming today in YOUR garden?


Goldenrod

Black-eyed Susan

Rudbeckia laciniata aka Green-headed Coneflower or Cutleaf Coneflower

Daylily

8 comments:

  1. The yellows do add a nice accent, especially when there are lots of pinks and purples, like I have in one of my beds. Some coreopsis and calendulas thrown in the mix are striking. I love your solid yellow daylily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I have both coreopsis 'Moonbeam' and calendula blooming now as well - how could I forget these sweet accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yellows, but I also love orange daylilies (which apparently aren't in fashion), so maybe don't go by what I like. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rebecca :-)
      My common orange daylilies have pretty much ended by this week - a few double are left - but otherwise all petered out.

      Delete
  5. Pretty yellow lily...Happy blooms day.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...