Friday, July 05, 2019

Fenton Friday: Sweet Potato Planted

Sweet Potato plant
I had been keeping a Sweet Potato in a small-ish pot in part-shade by my driveway for the last two months. Today, I finally planted it in the space where the Garlic had been pulled out of last week. It should be happier there.

The Bush Bean plants have tripled in size in the last week. There are a few holes chewed in the leaves and one one stem appears to have been chewed down by a rabbit, but otherwise, so far so good.

I lifted up the cover cloth from the Broccoli and I saw a good-sized head growing on one of the three plants. Is it good-tasting after all this heat? Will it grow bigger? Should I pick it now or let it go a bit longer? Decisions. Decisions.

Broccoli
What is growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

2 comments:

  1. Picking french green beans now. And opened a stem to the zucchini to find a squash vine borer. Hope the plant survives after its removal. I need to protect it next year (say that every year.)
    -Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the beans. Sorry to hear about the vine borer. There may be hope/life yet in that vine.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...