Friday, June 07, 2019

Fenton Friday: Summer Begins

This week we managed to plant eight tomatoes ('Firefly', 'Torch', "White', 'Celebrity', 'White Currant', 'Rutgers', 'Sungold', and 'SunSugar.') and five kinds of Basil, including Holy Basil (forgot to jot down the rest of their names). We also planted three Calendulas and a few trial Marigolds.

I soaked some 'Red Burgundy' Okra seeds and planted three seeds in each of three different holes. We'll see if they all come up.

I still have a cover cloth over the lettuces, though most have bolted by names, and the brassicas. Shockingly, I can see a cauliflower head forming - I might have something decent from those yet.

The peas are done and just a few strawberries are left. I let the asparagus go a few weeks back and it is already several feet tall.

I want to get some beans and melons in next week. We'll see if that happens.

What is growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the FentonStreet Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.



2 comments:

  1. I like gardening too. I have two big gardens so far. There, I plant many kinds of vegetables and small flower plants. It's a very good article when I get this as a gardening writing form. After this article, I can know and learn a lot about Gardening. Thank you for sharing such an effective post. I have Used also best wheelbarrow for gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I grow indoor so I like indoor gardening most.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...