Friday, June 21, 2019

Fenton Friday: Beans Up, First Ripe Tomato

first ripe 'Sun Sugar' tomato
I was away for five days in Denver for the Garden Bloggers Fling, but I flew out of Washington in a thunderstorm and returned during another one. Suffice it to say, I didn't have to worry about watering the garden plot this week.

The  'Dragon's Tongue' bean seeds are all up. No sign of the 'Red Swan' ones though.

One of the 'Sun Gold' tomatoes was ripe already, but that would be "cheating" to count it as under our care -- as the fruits had already formed on the seedling plants before we planted them.

Elsewhere in the plot, the 'Red Burgundy' okra seeds are up.  The heads on my cauliflower continue to grow larger. The 'Rainbow' Swiss Chard seedlings are growing fast. However, the 'Savor' melon seedling is not looking so hot. 

The garlic is past the point that I should have pulled it, but that will have to wait a few more days as I play catch-up from the time I was away touring in other's gardens.


What is growing in your edible garden this week?

bean seedlings - 'Dragon's Tongue'
okra seedlings - 'Red Burgundy'

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the FentonStreet Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...