Friday, October 13, 2017

Fenton Friday: Be Radishing

On September 10th, the interns direct-sowed seeds of:
- Radish 'Roxanne'
- Radish 'French Breakfast'
- Radish 'White Icicle
This week, almost exactly a month later, we harvested the 'Roxanne' (round ones) and 'French Breakfast' (long with white tips). The 'White Icicle' are still a week or two from mature size.

Elsewhere in the plot, the Turnips are growing quickly and the Broccoli starts are settling in.

The Arugula self-seeded from last year under the Zinnias and I have been picking some of that for adding to sandwiches.

This weekend I am helping a friend by providing some rustic flower arrangements from her wedding, which will include all the sunflowers from my plot. They are going a bit rampant right now and have fallen over into my neighbor's plot, but luckily they have moved away and no one is currently there to complain. Once I cut this crop, I'll leave the rest for the Goldfinches.

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 6th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...