Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Meet the Fall Interns


This fall, I have taken on two editorial interns. If you attend any of our upcoming events, like the Trees Matter Symposium, you are bound to run into one of them. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

 Stephen Barber is a country boy from Keedysville, MD, who moved to Washington DC, to become a farmer. A lifelong gardener, he found his love of the craft from growing cannabis in the woods and fields around his rural Maryland childhood home. He has taken his gardening indoors, and works as a video journalist in the legal cannabis industry sprouting up in the nation’s capital.  Check him out every Wednesday on the Washington Gardener’s blog where he will be providing tips on indoor gardening. He is a senior at the University of Maryland where he is majoring in broadcast journalist.

Shelby Smith is a senior double major in multi-platform journalism and film studies at the University of Maryland College Park. She says that she is, "excited to be interning for the fun and informative magazine, the Washington Gardener, this fall. This will be my first internship, but I have recent experience as a sports copy-editor for a campus publication called Unwind Magazine. I also have two years of writing experience with The Campus Current newspaper at Anne Arundel Community College. I love to sing, read and go on long relaxing walks. I am excited to be learning about gardening along with the readers and hope to showcase my skills in this magazine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...