Picking lots of beans from my community garden plot - even in this relentless heat. Looks like cooler temps are coming (though no rain predicted), so the interns and I went ahead and put in some cool weather crops.
We planted Arugula, Lettuce, Radish, and Carrots. I am deciding on whether a fall crop of peas is worth it. I also plan on picking up some Broccoli starts, though I have not had such luck with then in past years.
How is your edible garden growing?
About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden
just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20
ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May
2011.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
For our September 2026 Washington Gardener Magazine Reader Contest, we are giving away a set of three grow bag pots (value $30). Thes...
-
Last week I was in Portland, OR, attending the GardenComm annual conference. The gardens there are enviable -- to say the least, but it i...

No comments:
Post a Comment