Friday, September 02, 2016

Fenton Friday: Beans, at last


This week started off with more hot, dry days. It was difficult to get motivated to get over to the garden plot to even water for a few minutes in the scorching sun, so I did neglect it a bit. Thankfully, the heat broke and we had some decent rain in the last couple of days. That means I now have beans! I should be able to harvest a very nice amount over the holiday weekend and I am now contemplating also digging up the few potatoes I had put in and pulling out some of the worn out herbs as well.

It is transition time and I'm a bit late getting some of my fall crops in, but I see still more 90+ degee days forecast for next week, so I'm not going to rush into things.

How is your edible garden growing?

About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

2 comments:

  1. my bush beans are nearly finished but pole beans have been coming on strong.I found one beet plant that looks ready to harvest. Mostly herbs are being harvested. Basil was so productive this year, as was fennel, mints.
    Walking onions are planting themselves. I enjoy these sweet onions and glad they are perennials. I'd been told they could be invasive but that has not been my experience.
    I'm awaiting Jerusalem Artichokes but the plants have not yet bloomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Shaw - Sounds like you are having a marvelously productive harvest time! Keep us updated with your Jerusalem Artichokes, I hear they can be real thugs as well.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...