Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Video Wednesday: Purple Plants of the Bishop's Garden


Here is a short video I took last week at the National Cathedral in northwest Washington, DC. At the base of the Bishop's Garden is my favorite part - the purple bed. Can you name all the plants in the bed? I'll give you a head start. Here are five to look for: Russian Sage, Balloon Flower, Borage, Clematis, and Anise Hyssop.

BTW, if you are reading this post anywhere else on the Web aside from the Washington Gardener Magazine blog, you likely won't be able to see the actual video. To watch it, go directly to washingtongardener.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Beautiful blues! I have some Anise Hyssop planted at the Fenton Garden, but not nearly as full and lush as the Bishop's Garden. Maybe by next month? -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne - maybe yours will fill out soon. My Anise Hyssop kind of petered away a few years ago, I thin I let the Black-eyed Susan take it over so definitely give it space to grow and make a home.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...