Guess That Bloom

Yesterday was Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - and yes, I'm late again. And I'm running out the door so no time to list all the fabulous flowers that our wet spring has brought me. But I did get these two quick snaps just now of these great bloom in my garden. Instead of telling you what they are, I'll let you guess -- if too hard, I'll drop some hints later. For guessing purposes, we'll call the flowering vine bloom close-up at left "plant A" and the big pink flowering shrub below "plant B." Put your thinking caps on and start guessing away.

Comments

Carol said…
Your late posting, I'm late commenting! Plant A is clematis, though I don't know the variety. I don't know what Plant B is, at least not from the picture.

Thanks for joining in for bloom day!
Potato Leaf said…
Yes, A looks like a clematis, perhaps 'Josephine' or 'Princess Alexandra'; and B looks like wiegela of some sort. The editor, however, needs to slow down. But maybe that's what winter is for.
Thanks PL & Carol for your guesses. You both get a "garden queen" prize which is a hardy pat on the back with my ungloved, dirty hand. ;-) Here are the answers:
~ A: Clematis 'Silver Moon' - blooming away in full shade
~ B. Wiegela florida - old-fashioned favorite and full grown at about 8ft.x8ft.

Popular Posts