Thursday, October 10, 2024

In Memoriam: Stanton Gill

It is with a heavy heart that I share the news of Stanton Gill's passing. He was a font of horticultural wisdom and just an all-around great guy. His obituary is posted here.

He was a valued source for quotes and photos for many articles in Washington  Gardener Magazine.

He appeared twice on the GardenDC Podcast (links below) and had hoped to book him again soon when the news of his sudden passing reached me. 

Stanton was above else a teacher and a mentor. He will be missed by many.

~ GardenDC Podcast Episode 82: Persimmons and Other Unusual Fall Fruits with Stanton Gill
https://washingtongardener.blogspot.com/2021/11/gardendc-podcast-episode-82-persimmons.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...