“But it’s gardening that’s needed here. And that isn’t learned in a day. Gardening, that’s what this place needs.“ ~ Agatha Christie - “A Murder is Announced”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
For our September 2026 Washington Gardener Magazine Reader Contest, we are giving away a set of three grow bag pots (value $30). Thes...

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat Agatha Christie quote is spot on—gardening really isn't learned overnight, but through seasons of hands-on trial and error. When I first started out, I rushed everything, but over time I learned the value of patience and proper soil prep. Covering raised beds with heavy-duty [Canvas Tarpaulin
ReplyDelete] during the off-season made a massive difference in weed suppression and soil protection for spring. It really is a continuous learning process. Do you find that mystery authors often capture those practical life lessons surprisingly well?