Friday, July 28, 2023

Fenton Friday: Peppers through a Prism


The 'Prism' Pepper plant we were sent to try out from PanAmerican Seed was laying on the ground, so I picked it up and propped it inside a tomato cage and that is when I saw it is loaded with peppers. They are a mid-sized pepper so some appear to be full-sized. Now we just have to wait for them to turn orange or red to pick them, although I like green sweet peppers, too.

I weeded out a section of overgrown and nonproductive strawberry runners and dug a trench where I finally planted the two packages of 'Mary Washington' Asparagus in that I bought from https://harvesting-history.com/ in the spring. Not ideal timing, but as they say "better done, than perfect." I also planted a few Thai Basil plants there that were languishing in a plant tray that I kept pushing to the side when I was working on other stuff, poor things.

The baby Celosia seedlings transplants have recovered from last week's rough treatment and are growing well.

The Zucchini 'Incredible Escalator' is trying to take over the world and I've managed to grab a few tendrils and start training them up the trellis. We'll see how that works when they are loaded with heavy squash on them. 

The cutting garden is coming along -- but the Zinnias and Dahliasare still the only things with flowers showing yet. I cannot wait to see what the blooms on the Cosmos 'Apricotta', Scabiosa 'Black Knight' and Cornflower 'Velvet Dawn' look like! I anticipate the combination of peach-pink and black-purple is going to be amazing,

How is your garden plot growing this week?
 
About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 12th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)  See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above (at the top, left on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...