Sunday, January 29, 2023

Meet the New Spring 2023 Intern

This spring semester, we have just one editorial intern. As a first assignment, I asked her to write a short introduction to our readers...

Hi everyone! My name is Jessica Harden and I am a junior journalism major minoring in law and society with a concentration in criminal law at the University of Maryland. I have a passion for criminal justice
and plan on attending law school to pursue a career in criminal law as a wrongful convictions lawyer. I was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas, and only transferred to Maryland from the University of Texas
last Spring. My family owns a wholesale plant nursery back home, so I’ve spent my entire life submerged in the world of Texas horticulture. Growing up my grandparents taught me the importance of
living off the land as well as how to love and respect nature. Outside of my experience tending to my houseplants and succulents (aloe vera is my favorite), I also worked on the propagation team at the nursery last summer. Previously I worked as a general assignments reporter for the Daily Texan, a reporter for Stories Beneath the Shell, and I freelance for College Park Here & Now. I’m looking forward to
expanding my plant knowledge and experience beyond houseplants and Texas horticulture with this internship. I can’t wait to meet you all this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...