Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Meet the New Fall 2022 Interns

This fall, I have taken on two editorial interns. Look for their author byline in our upcoming Washington Gardener Magazine issues and on this blog (as well as on our podcasts and videos). As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers so you can get to know them.


Hello, Washington Gardener Readers! 
My name is Brandie Bland and I am a senior multi-platform journalism major at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. This fall, I will be an editorial intern for Washington Gardener Magazine. I am a Baltimore native and gardening newbie with a vast knowledge about produce from my time working in a local organic grocery store’s produce department. This is my first experience working for a magazine and writing about gardening, so I am excited to connect with and help bring gardening news to the local community. I have a diverse background in journalism, including working on investigations with the Howard Center for Investigative Journalism and writing features for Mitzpeh, a newspaper focused on the Jewish community. Outside of journalism, I am a huge foodie and enjoy cooking, baking, hiking, and photography. Overall, I am hoping for a great fall (my favorite season) with Washington Gardener and am looking forward to meeting you all at different events and gatherings. Happy Gardening!


Hi there! My name is Jaime Breeden. I’m a fourth-year journalism student at the 
University of Maryland, College Park operating out of Annapolis and working with every medium I can whether it be text, video, or audio. After spending my last semester with the Capital News
Service reporting primarily on the upcoming recreational cannabis vote, I decided it was time to focus my work on less controversial plants. Though I may be more of a greenhorn than a green thumb, I’ve always been fascinated by horticulture so I’m glad to use this internship to sharpen my skills as a reporter and learn more about gardening. In addition to my videos on the CNS website, my articles have appeared on MarylandReporter.com as well as papers like The Star and The Frederick News-Post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...