Friday, March 18, 2022

Fenton Friday: Post-Snow Report

Last weekend we had a surprise freeze with snow and ice. Luckily, all came through that fine. The Arugula (under a cover cloth) and the Garlic (uncovered, but insulated by straw) actually seem to have more than doubled in size!

Today it is in the 70s and the forecast seems clear of another freeze scare for the next few weeks.

The  Radish 'Rudolf' seedlings are up [see pic at right], while the row of 'Tonda di Parigi' Carrots alongside them are not -- though I do not expect to seem them make an appearance for several weeks. The organic salad bowl mix seedlings are also up in both the container [top photo] and the row in the ground.

I did a bit of weeding and planted the peas after I soaked them in a cup of water overnight. They are purple Sugar Magnolia Snap Peas from Botanical Interests. I'm so looking forward to them!

Are you back in your edible garden yet? If so, what are you growing?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 11th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...